Thursday, April 15, 2010

The Great Trinity Debate

Over at Reclaiming the Mind's blog, Parchment and Pen, they have begun an exercise I think will be awesome.  The Great Trinity Debate features a Trinitarian, Rob Bowman, and a Unitarian, David Burke, debating the biblical merits of the doctrine of the Trinity.

From the Introduction to the Debate
Here is the format for our debate:
Week #1 (begins April 11): Dave and I have separate posts introducing the subject, explaining our views of Scripture, interpretation, doctrine, and of the nature of God (i.e., his attributes).
Week #2 (begins April 18): Dave and I will have separate posts on our views about Jesus Christ.
Week #3 (begins April 25): Dave and I will have separate posts where we may continue to present arguments supporting our views about Jesus Christ.
Week #4 (begins May 2): Dave and I will have separate posts on the Holy Spirit.
Week #5 (begins May 9): Dave and I will have separate posts presenting our case for our differing theologies of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (mine in support of the Trinity, Dave’s in support of Biblical Unitarianism) and critiquing each other’s theologies.
Week #6 (begins May 16): Dave and I will have separate posts offering closing statements, with comments open to the general public.
I will eagerly be awaiting each and every post.  If the first two posts are any indication this will be a fulfilling and rewarding exercise.  I will continue to link each new post as they arrive.

Introduction to the Great Trinity Debate
Week 1-Rob Bowman
Week 1-David Burke

No comments: